Important information from VA Portland
Why should we all wear masks?
According to the CDC, in light of new data about how COVID-19 spreads, along with evidence of widespread COVID-19 illness in communities across the country, CDC recommends that people wear a cloth face covering to cover their nose and mouth in the community setting. This is to protect people around you if you are infected but do not have symptoms.
As care gradually resumes at VAPORHCS, more staff and patients will be present. This makes physical distancing challenging, which could result in asymptomatic spread.
What does this mean for patients here for appointments?
– Outpatients, if not already wearing a mask, should be offered a cloth or paper mask and asked to wear it while present in VAPORHCS settings. Veterans can keep the mask for reuse in the community.
– We understand that there will be some patients who will not be able to tolerate wearing a mask; staff providing direct care to these patients will wear appropriate personal protection equipment accordingly.
Here is a link to a CDC web page that addresses the “Use of Cloth Face Coverings to Help Slow the Spread of COVID-19” including…
– How to Wear a Cloth Face Covering
– CDC on Homemade Cloth Face Coverings
– Should cloth face coverings be washed or otherwise cleaned regularly? How regularly?
– How does one safely sterilize/clean a cloth face covering?
– Sew and No Sew Instructions
Thank you for your support in the new mask policy; your assistance will help keep your fellow Veterans and VA staff and everyone’s loved ones safer.
Refill by your Prescriptions by Smartphone App
The Rx Refill mobile application (app) allows Veterans to request refills of their refillable VA-issued prescriptions, track VA prescription deliveries, view VA prescription history from the convenience of their mobile device. The app provides a native mobile interface for the Rx Refill feature found within My HealtheVet. Refill requests submitted through the app or the My HealtheVet website that are dispensed by a VA Mail Order Pharmacy are easily tracked using the app’s “Track Delivery” feature. NOTE: VA is undergoing an Electronic Health Record Modernization (EHRM), which may impact whether My HealtheVet and Rx Refill applications are operational at your facility. To Learn more about EHRM, visit at www.ehrm.va.gov.
Veterans, please use MyHealtheVet or call VA Portland at 503-220-8262, option 2 to relay a message to your Primary or Specialty Care team or to make change or cancel an appointment.
To help us address the most urgent needs first, we ask that you use our online tools and frequently asked questions for routine or non-urgent questions. We’ll continue to update this page as the situation changes.
What’s coronavirus COVID-19?
The CDC defines COVID-19 as a new type of coronavirus (or “novel coronavirus”). COVID-19 belongs to a large family of viruses that are common in people and different animal species. On rare occasions, animal coronaviruses can infect people, and then spread from person-to-person. This is how