A112A L.B. Gym, 2 Peter Kelly Drive, University of New Brunswick, PO Box 4400, Fredericton, NB E3B 5A3
T: (506) 453-1094 F: (506) 453-1099
Like and Join us on Facebook!
Fitness New Brunswick Coronavirus Update: April 2, 2020
ONLINE OR VIRTUAL DELIVERY OF SERVICES UPDATE
HUB insurance has been working tirelessly with our insurer, Markel, to develop a reasonable extension for NFLA Fitness Leaders to deliver online training during this pandemic. We thank you for your patience.
Currently your policy provides coverage to any fitness leader that conducts online training as long as it is within 10% of their annual gross revenue. Please note, the 25% stated earlier is no longer available; however; as an accommodation until September 30, 2020, your insurers have agreed to lift the restriction and extend coverage to any fitness leader or personal trainer, subject to the following restrictions:
(See premium information at bottom regarding revenue generated)
– All participants must be existing registered clients.
– Participants must login to the permitted delivery tool, and register to participate in a class.
– Publicly accessible broadcast tools such Instagram Live, Facebook Live, YouTube, etc. and pre-recorded videos are not acceptable methods of delivering online training. This is because these platforms do not allow two way video and communication for fitness leaders to determine if participants are in distress, or performing exercises in a way that could lead to injury.
– Permitted delivery tools must include the use of controlled, multi-screen video conferencing programs with two-way video and communication, such as Skype or Zoom.
– All injuries must be documented.
Instructors must advise HUB International Insurance Brokers in writing before initiating online classes, and include the following information:
1. Number of online classes per week
2. Instructor’s remote location, bearing in mind facilities are closed
3. Class content (activities to be conducted)
4. Number of participants per class (ensure all participants are current registered clients before the start of the session)
5. Class is limited to the number of participants that can be viewed on a single screen, with no more than four (4) participants in one location while following Provincial Physical Distancing Guidelines
6. Participants must have completed the necessary Par-Q + forms.
– Instruction to professional athletes and carded amateur athletes is strictly prohibited.
-Coverage does not extend to work-related rehabilitation of any condition.
If fitness leaders will be conducting online classes that exceed 10% of their gross revenues, they will need to contact us directly at [email protected] or 604-269-1919 to have an endorsement issued.
The additional premium charged will be $10.00.
The health and wellbeing of individuals and communities is at the center of what we do.
FNB believes it is essential to take measures that reduce the potential spread of this virus.
The FNB office is currently closed until further notice. As our office is located on the UNB campus we are bound by their directive.
We want to keep you our members notified about our courses and our certified