- 0.1 Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, the PathDay 2020 committee has decided to cancel our May 22 meeting date
- 0.1.0.0.1 We are looking at options to reschedule, or have an alternate Department meeting at a future date. We will keep everyone informed as the situation develops.
- 0.1.0.0.2 Also, the PathDay Committee and Nomination Committee will continue to accept nominations for the faculty and staff awards. If you have not already, we encourage people to nominate their colleagues for the awards. The link to nominate can be found at https://pathology.ubc.ca/annual-awards-nomination-form-2020/ and will be open until Thursday, April 30th.
- 1 Web-based tool for reporting and keeping up-to-date records of your activities and accomplishments
- 2 A quick impression of the Department of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine:
- 3 Join the team. We're hiring!
News and Events
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, the PathDay 2020 committee has decided to cancel our May 22 meeting date
We are looking at options to reschedule, or have an alternate Department meeting at a future date. We will keep everyone informed as the situation develops.
Updated: Mar. 23, 2020 – 11:10 p.m. PDT
March 26, 2020CIHR Institute of Infection and Immunity Coming to Vancouver | WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU! As part of its 2021‐2025 Strategic Plan development and its community and stakeholder engagement plan to identify emerging strategic priorities, III is meeting with the research community.
March 12, 2020PhD DEFENCE - Student: Emily Button [ TITLE: VASOPROTECTIVE FUNCTIONS OF HIGH-DENSITY LIPOPROTEINS ON THE CEREBROVASCULATURE AND THEIR RELEVANCE FOR ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE ]
March 2, 2020Dr. Aly Karsan has been named this year’s recipient of the Genome BC Award for Scientific Excellence by LifeSciences BC. The award winners represent the full spectrum from discovery to commercialization, underscoring the depth of knowledge that significantly contributes to the BC bioeconomy, while improving the lives of patients here in BC and around the world.
February 26, 2020Dr. Poul Sorensen Awarded the 2020 Aubrey J. Tingle Prize Internationally recognized pediatric cancer researcher Dr. Poul Sorensen has been named the eleventh recipient of MSFHR’s Aubrey J. Tingle Prize.
November 28, 2019Congratulations to Dr. David Schaeffer on his promotion to Associate Professor in the 2018/19 academic promotion round.
November 25, 2019Drs. David Huntsman, Randy Gascoyne, and Ian Mackenzie have recently been named to international 2019 Highly Cited Researchers List. Congratulations!
September 30, 2019MSc DEFENCE - Student: Anam (Nan Nan) Liu [TITLE: A SEMI-AUTOMATED ASSAY FOR RADIATION-INDUCED INTESTINAL DAMAGE IN MICE]
September 26, 2019MSc DEFENCE - Student: Samuel Weng [TITLE: DEVELOPMENT OF HIGH-EFFICIENCY UNDECANAL-BASED N TERMINI ENRICHMENT (HUNTER) FOR MONITORING PROTEOLYTIC PROCESSING IN LIMITED SAMPLES]
Web-based tool for reporting and keeping up-to-date records of your activities and accomplishments
A quick impression of the Department of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine:
Join the team. We're hiring!careers