- 1 Excellence in Medicine Awards
- 2 The Dr. Debasish Mridha Spirit of Medicine Award for the Selfless Elimination of Human Suffering
- 3 The Dr. Edmond and Rima Cabbabe Dedication to the Profession Award
- 4 The Dr. Nathan Davis International Award in Medicine
- 5 The Jack B. McConnell, MD, Award for Excellence in Volunteerism
- 6 The Pride in the Profession Award
Through the Excellence in Medicine Awards, the AMA Foundation recognizes physicians who exemplify the highest values of volunteerism, community engagement, leadership and dedication to the care of underserved populations.
Excellence in Medicine Awards
Applications for the 2018 Excellence in Medicine Awards are now closed. Our application portal will be updated later in 2018 with information for the 2019 application.
List of awards:
The Dr. Debasish Mridha Spirit of Medicine Award for the Selfless Elimination of Human Suffering
Recognizes the work of a U.S. physician who has demonstrated altruism, compassion, integrity, leadership and personal sacrifice while providing quality health care to a destitute, distressed or marginalized population in an impoverished community.
- Made possible by Debasish Mridha, MD
The Dr. Edmond and Rima Cabbabe Dedication to the Profession Award
Recognizes a physician who demonstrates active and productive improvement to the profession of medicine.
- Made possible by Edmond Cabbabe, MD and Rima Cabbabe
The Dr. Nathan Davis International Award in Medicine
Recognizes physicians whose influence reaches the international patient population. By treating, educating or counseling patients beyond the U.S. border, these physicians have a positive impact on health care in the global arena.
The Jack B. McConnell, MD, Award for Excellence in Volunteerism
Recognizes the work of senior physicians who provide treatment to U.S. patients who lack access to health care. These physicians remain dedicated to the future of medicine through the spirit of volunteerism.
The Pride in the Profession Award
Honors physicians whose lives encompass the true spirit of being a medical professional—caring for people.